You are here
International Conference on Culture, Territory and Development
On next 11-13 July 2019, the Directorate-Regional for Culture of the Centre of Portugal is organising an international conference on "Culture, Territory and Development" with the aim to promote a broad discussion on the role of culture in regards to the development of territories, within the context of the upcoming competition in Portugal to select the European Capital of Culture 2027 (ECoC).
The conference aims at sharing perspectives for the territory on an international scale, placing culture at the centre of the debate. The following themes will be addressed:
- Cultural policies at local and regional level;
- Strategies and visions for the development of cities;
- Audience development and participatory engagement;
- European dimension and internationalisation of territories;
- The impact and sustainability of cultural policies.
The conference will take place in Igreja de Idanha-a-Velha from 11 to 13 July 2019.
More info available here.