You are here
WUF10 - Culture & Innovation
The World Urban Forum is an important milestone for cities and local governmemnts. It is a high-level forum convened by UN-Habitat. Every two years it connects the urban and development agenda and it offers an opportunity to meet member states and other partners. The upcoming Tenth Session of the World Urban Forum (WUF10) theme is "Cities of Opportunities: Connecting Culture and Innovation"
The UCLG Culture Committee will participate in several sessions of the World Urban Forum:
- The World Assembly of Local and Regional Governments Saturday 8 February – 13:00 to 18:00. We will promote our key policy position, mainly based in Culture 21 Actions and The Culture Manifesto approved in Durban.
- The Local and Regional Governments Roundtable. Sunday 9 February - 16:30 to 19:00. We will share our experiences and suggest some changes in urban governance to make the New Urban Agenda and the SDGs a reality for all. We will base this presence in our experiences with the Leading Cities and the Pilot Cities programmes.
- The networking session devoted to the #culture2030goal campaign. Monday 10 February 2020 - 14.00 to 16.00. This session is in cooperation with ICOMOS, IFLA and UCLG-Africa. The focus of this session is to explain the report Culture in the Implementation of the 2030 Agenda, to make the campaign better known, and to found the next steps of the campaign.
- The side event Communicating Cultural Heritage for Sustainable Urban Development. Monday 10 February 2020 - 12.30 to 13.30. This session is coordinated by ICOMOS and focuses on how cultural heritage protection and promotion connects with urban planning and sustainable urban development.
- The side-event Mobilizing Arts, Culture and Heritage for Transformative Climate Action in Cities and their Territories. Tuesday 11 February 2020 - 14.00 to 16.00. This session is coordinated by the Climate Heritage Network and will focus on the main challenges climate change is creating for communities and their heritage.